16 Jan Maintaining Quality Security Standards in the Hospitality Industry
Hotel security, with regards to the guarding, require security officers that are fully trained; PSIRA registered, skilled and knowledgeable, and of course, presentable and well-groomed. Especially where the service offering and appearance of service elements in the hospitality industry is of great importance, it is vital to hotels / lodges to have in place a security guarding solution that runs parallel with presentability and service standards.
On the other side of the fence, where the private security industry is served with a large number of security companies, it is apparent that in some areas of the security industry, an absence of participation in client contact and on-site experiences is perceived, and as a consequence, affects the quality of the service provided.
In perspective, it has come into view that a 360-degree security offering is what hotels and lodges are really in need of. A private security company that adds value to their hotel security offering by providing a full service security solution that is transparent in all aspects of service delivery is what ensures a competitive edge.
Furthermore, it is not only of importance in simply offering an excellent security service (or concept thereof), but also to maintain and uphold the quality and level of security services provided to these hotels and lodges.
How to maintain the quality of Security Service standards provided to Hospitality clients:
1. Survey the premises. Here, it is important to ensure that all physical security measures are in place, for instance fencing, surveillance, presence of security guards and equipment.
2. Analyze perceptions with regards to the guests, personnel and managers of the establishment in order to understand the overall satisfaction toward the existing security guard company at the hotel / lodge.
3. Measure the current level of service delivery in terms of basic service elements relating to the existing: security guarding service, security guard duties and achievements, specific security training of the security officers / security guards, and whether hotel security procedures are followed, which impacts on the overall service delivery aspects.
4. Review the quality of the specific hotel security service elements that is available, in order to indicate the output quality of the service elements which are measured in terms of whether they are present, and the degree of satisfaction of the performance of these service elements.
5. Record the results of the above, where the outcome indicates the quality of performance of your current security offering.
6. Utilize the outcome to specifically focus on improving current guarding services and hotel security management, ensuring that these elite standards are constantly followed up, where high levels of quality and client centricity becomes the point of focus in all areas of service delivery.
As mentioned above, involving clients in the service experience and building a relationship with these clients, is what really sets one security company apart from the other. Through client participation, the service provided is constantly improved upon and the clients’ needs are met through constant communication.