09 Feb The Scope Of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Technology (AMET) In India
Clearing an engineering entrance examination or an architecture paper should not be spelled as the last word for a student pursuing Non-Medical. They are fresh science minds. Thus, like the commerce and arts streams, they too should have reliable alternative options to choose from. Aircraft Maintenance is one such field. It entails understanding the minute details of an aircraft, its parts, and systems. It includes the outer periphery form, the engine, and other machinery parts.
If math and physics concepts, their understanding and applicability interest you, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering might well be your cup of tea. Moreover, AME technology is the only certified course in India that apart from proper Mechanical Engineering or years of experience in the Aircraft Maintenance Industry makes you eligible to apply for the DGCA’s air maintenance licenses. AMET actually makes you the doctor of the aircraft. You shall thus, be required to cure its ailments, for its maintenance as well as to decide on its air-worthiness.
Let us now analyze its direct scope in the background of the Indian Aviation Industry:
- India is a developing country, and so is its aviation industry. More and More people are now choosing to fly the distance as and when possible. As a result, there is a never-before increase in the number of aircraft entering the Indian Airspace. This directly increases the number of jobs available in this field.
- Air-ticket fares are going down, and the number of flyers is constantly rising. The once-in-losses sector is now clocking phenomenal profits. Even the international aviation companies and investors are eyeing Indian aviation Industry as a good prospect. This directly increases the future prospects for the AMET’s required for maintaining their aircraft.
- Private Air-clubs could also become an option.Thus an AME course pass-out can also clock in working-hours at private air-clubs, working directly or in between shifts.
- National Forces may also hire your services. Since all our national defense forces, the military, naval as well and air employ aircraft of different types and size; they also require specialized Aircraft Maintenance engineers at all times to maintain their air-capabilities.
- It is a well-paying job. An aircraft is a heavy investment. Thus, the companies are always ready to pay good salaries to keep them well-maintained. As a result, the AME Technicians generally earn much more than a normal engineer or an architect.
- It is a hands-on job. Aircraft Maintenance technicians are required to enter the aircraft as and when they land and work as per maintenance routines and requirements. It thus means getting your hands in and dirty. For those who all are not a fan of the 9-to-6 computer office jobs, this could be an epitome choice.