24 Jan Why Choose Air Freight?
If you are a business person, then you know the importance of having your goods reach their destination faster but in good condition for that matter. There are so many transportation modes and you will need to make a decision based on what you find the most ideal for your kind of business. Air freight is one of the best you can choose whether you are dealing with low volume shipment or high value shipments. Here are some of the reasons why you will find the option best for your business needs.
1. It is the fastest method of shipping when compared to road transport and sea freight. You know you can rely on the method when you are faced with a need to move goods fast and easy.
2. It offers very reliable departure and arrival times considering that there are fewer aspects that can lead to delays. Usually, even when a flight faces delays, you can be sure your goods will be on another flight in an hour or so; hence the schedules are much more convenient.
3. Air freight enables you to send your cargo to any given place. Service providers set up schedule to multiple air carriers to ensure that you enjoy a smooth process with your shipment regardless of where you are located.
4. Even though this mode of transport is generally costlier compared to others, you still stand a chance to save money on low insurance premiums. Air cargo transportation is comparatively shorter hence the insurance premiums attracted are lower.
5. It has higher security levels and reduces the risks of damage and theft of goods. Airport safety controls will work to your advantage by reducing cargo exposure to damage and theft. You can therefore rest easy knowing that your goods will be moved safely and securely to their final destination.
6. Air freight also will reduce the need for you to consider warehousing. This is because the transit times are quicker, reducing the time of keeping the items stocked. You will find that cargo inspection; customs clearance and your cargo handlers are more efficient, clearing your cargo in a few hours.
7. Air shipments required less packaging as compared to ocean shipments and this will save you money on additional packing needs and time required to have it all done. You will have the goods ready for transit in less time and this improves your schedule.
8. Using web applications offered by service providers today, you can track your goods. You can monitor them all the way from departure to arrival to give you peace of mind that all is running as smoothly as expected.
Your air freight experience will highly depend on the service provider that you choose to handle your goods. You can enjoy airport to airport cargo transfers, door to door services upon arrival and even consolidation services to improve your experience. When working with a good provider, you can have the entire process handled on your behalf from booking to the delivery taking worries off your shoulders.